Training goals dlearning
This three day, instructor-led IT Governance Foundation Course provides an overview of the main concepts of IT Governance according to COBIT® 5, ISACA® 's latest governance framework, and how they can be applied. COBIT® 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realising benefits and optimizing risk levels and resource use. COBIT® 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility, considering the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders.
This course and the COBIT® 5 Foundation certificate are mandatory for additional COBIT® 5 training, including the COBIT® 5 Implementation Course and Assessor Program Training.
At the conclusion of the course attendees will understand:
- The major drivers for the development of a Framework
- The business benefits of using COBIT® 5
- The COBIT® 5 Product Architecture.
- The IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises.
- The 5 Key Principles of COBIT® 5 for the governance and management of Enterprise IT
- How COBIT® 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise.
- The key concepts in a Process Capability Assessment and the key attributes of the COBIT® 5 PAM (Process Assessment Model)
- How the COBIT® 5 processes and the Process Reference Model (PRM) help guide the creation of the 5 Principles and the 7 Governance and Management Enablers.
The COBIT® 5 Foundation certificate is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the COBIT® 5 guidance to:
- Be able to understand the enterprise Governance and Management of Enterprise IT
- Create awareness with their business executives and senior IT Management
- Assess the current state of their Enterprise IT with the objective of scoping what aspects of COBIT® 5 would be appropriate to implement.
Conspect Show list
- THE KEY FEATURES OF COBIT® 5
- The Reasons for the Development of COBIT®5
- The History of COBIT®
- The Drivers for developing a Framework
- The Benefits of using COBIT®5
- The COBIT® 5 Format & product Architecture
- COBIT® 5 and Other Frameworks
- THE COBIT® 5 PRINCIPLES
- Enabler Focus
- Topic 2: Control Objectives to Management Practices
- Topic 3: From COBIT® 4.1 Management Guidelines to COBIT® 5: Enabling Processes Guidelines
- THE COBIT® 5 ENABLERS
- Enabler 1 - Principles, Policies and frameworks
- Enabler 2 - Processes
- Enabler 3 - Organisational Structures
- Enabler 4 - Culture, Ethics, and Behaviour
- Enabler 5 - Information
- Enabler 6 - Services, Infrastructure and Applications
- Enabler 7 - People, Skills and Competencies
- Walk Through on using Goals cascade to scope Processes
- INTRODUCTION TO COBIT® 5 IMPLEMENTATION
- The Life cycle Approach
- Inter related components of the life cycle
- Understanding the enterprise internal and external factors
- Key success factors for implementation
- The seven phases of the Life Cycle model explained
- The seven Change Enablement characteristics used in the life cycle.
- Change Enablement relationships to the Continual Improvement Life Cycle Making the Business case
- The differences between COBIT® 4.1 and COBIT® 5
- PROCESS CAPABILITY ASSESSMENT MODEL
- What is a process assessment
- What is the COBIT® Assessment Programme
- The differences between a capability and maturity assessment
- Differences to the COBIT® 4.1 CMM Overview of the COBIT® Capability
- Model & Assessments
- The Process Reference Model (PRM)
- The Process Assessment Model (PAM)
- The Measurement Framework
- Introduction to the Assessor
- Training Steps
- EXAM (if chosen)
- Topic 1: preparation for the exam
- Topic 2: taking the exam
No mandatory prerequisites although some experience in IT or related fields is recommended.
The optional exam is a closed book, multiple choice exam, existing of 50 questions. The pass mark is 50% or at least 25 correct answers. The duration for the exam is 40 minutes.
Authorized COBIT® Trainer.