Red Hat Exams Regulations
- Red Hat Classroom Exams
Description: Compendium CE holds the following Red Hat exams:
For the topics for both exams, and other information regarding certification visit Red Hat site
Detailed information about the exam procedure:
- For exam topics please see the exam description
- The exam tasks are in English
- Duration of exams: 2-4 hours
- All Red Hat exams are practical exams checking a candidate’s actual knowledge and skills.
- The candidate is assigned a computer for the performance of exam tasks, with Red Hat Enterprise Linux system in the version appropriate to the exam. The exam tasks are performed on virtual machines. All the software which is typically installed in the system is at the candidate’s disposal. Additional tools and documentation (as long as they are standardly distributed by Red Hat) can be installed.
- When the exam is completed the system is restarted and the appropriate tests are performed. The results are sent to the Red Hat headquarters. After evaluation the results are then sent, within 3 US business days, directly to the candidate’s e-mail given at the time of registration.
- If the exam is passed, the candidate will receive the certificate in the pdf format.
Here is some good advice to follow during the Red Hat exam:
- Read all questions/task content thoroughly, together with the additional information.
- You can reset the virtual machine, which is linked with the loss of all completed tasks. Therefore the tasks that can damage your system should be performed at the very beginning.
- Services that we configure should also work after restarting the system.
- The virtual system can be restarted at any time and any number of times.
- Tasks can be performed in any way you like; it is the effects that matter.
- Efficient use of documents in the system is more important than memory learning.
- Exams are now available for the RHEL6 and RHEL7 versions, and the certificates are valid for a period of three years from their acquisition. Their validity shall be automatically extended after further examination. Full description of the Red Hat certification programme.
- The validity of the certificate can be checked online at this website: To check the validity of the Red Hat certificate you will need the Red Hat Certificate Number that you will find on the certificate (the new format is XXX-XXX-XXX).
- If you already have a Red Hat certificate, take it with you to the exam – after checking the candidate's certificate number, the new certificate will be assigned to the same account. To take the exam, you will need:
- an official document with a photo
- Red Hat certificate number (if you already have one)
- Red Hat Individual Exams
At our testing centres in Warsaw and Krakow, candidates can already take Red Hat exams at Red Hat Individual Exam stations. To take the individual Red Hat exams at one of our locations, you will need to complete a standardized test application form and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to enter a valid e-mail address, on which we will sent you an Enrolment Key (which is necessary to approach to the exam).
You should also register or log to your Red Hat account. You could do this here >>
As soon as we receive your application, we will send to you a pro-forma invoice. Once you have paid, you will receive an Enrolment Key based on you can take the exam. Next you should register for selected exam on www.examslocal.com website choosing the best time and location for you.
If you need any further advice or assistance, please contact us by email at email@example.com.